Toyota is one of the great Japanese car manufacturers who have really put a lot of thought into their logo. What does the word Toyota mean? In Japanese the word Toyota means “Eight” which is thought to be a lucky number bringing success and good fortune.
The main reason why the Toyota symbol is an example of good logo design is in the fact that it encompasses all of the letters into one symbol while keeping the symbol consistent, symmetrical and proportionate. If you look at the diagram below, it shows how each of the TOYOTA letters can actually be seen within the logo.
The colours used – Red as used with many other car manufacturers, connote ideas of loyalty, speed , and because it is a primary colour it makes the business appear as one of the foundation businesses increasing trustworthiness and respect.
Check out this artist work, Marcello Barenghi on YouTube. Here's one of his creation on Maserati Gran Turismo Drawing.
This can be your weekend warrior artwork project... enjoy!
1. Realize that auto AC is basically a refrigerator in a weird layout. It's designed to move heat from one place (the inside of your car) to some other place (the outdoors). While a complete discussion of every specific model and component is well outside the scope of this article, the following explanations of auto air conditioning should give you a start on figuring out what the problem might be. This should also help you work with the right pieces if fixing it yourself or it will help you to talk intelligently to someone you can pay to fix it.
2. Become familiar with the major components to auto air conditioning:
3. Understand the air conditioning process. In a nutshell, the compressor puts the refrigerant under pressure and sends it to the condensing coils. In your car, these coils are generally in front of the radiator.
Fixing Your AC
1. Check to see if all the R-134a leaks out (meaning there's nothing in the loop to carry away heat). Leaks are easy to spot but not easy to fix without pulling things apart. Most auto-supply stores carry a fluorescent dye that can be added to the system to check for leaks, and it will have instructions for use on the can. If there's a bad enough leak, the system will have no pressure in it at all. Find the low-side valve and with a gauge check the PSI level.
2. Make sure the compressor is turning.
3. Look for other things that can go wrong. The other sorts of problems that the AC might be experiencing include: bad switches, bad fuses, broken wires, broken fan belt (preventing the pump from turning), or seal failure inside the compressor.
4. Feel for any cooling at all. If the system cools, but not much, it could just be low pressure and you can top up the refrigerant. Most auto-supply stores will have a kit to refill a system, complete with instructions.
Last week Magnet Media Lab produced this live Google+ Hangout On Air for Toyota, to help showcase its new 4Runner and the vehicle’s off-road capabilities. Professional stunt driver Andy Bell took the wheel, driving through the California desert while host Rutledge Wood (of History channel’s Top Gear) talked with him through a headset. Using a multi-camera setup, the hour-long hangout worked to reply to audience questions on the fly, demonstrating answers with action as Bell showcased how the 4Runner aptly handles various off-road obstacles.
The 2014 4Runner has a redesigned instrument panel. The new shape is tailored to accommodate high-end technology, such as the 6.1-in. high-resolution touch-screen display, standard on all models. Also standard is the Optitron instrumentation, which makes the gauges easy to see, day or night.
4Runner’s standard 4.0-liter V6 engine pumps out 270 horsepower and 278 lb.-ft. of torque. You won’t fall short of power, be it challenging grades or passing an 18-wheeler. Just because you’re venturing into some of nature’s toughest ranges doesn’t mean you have to leave everything behind. 4Runner adheres to SAE J2807, the standard for tow ratings set by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE).
Check out this un-cut video below and find out the new TOYOTA 4Runner performance.
RESOURCE: Magnet Media Films
GT-R adds a new level of sophistication and refinement with no compromise in performance. All this, and that “R” on the badge glows even higher for 2014 with the introduction of the awe-inducing GT-R Nismo*, the performance seeking GT-R with technologies derived from motorsports experiences.
GT-R, you only need to lift the hood. Only four master craftsmen in the world are allowed to hand-assemble the GT-R®’s engine. They are known as Takumi – a Japanese term used to describe a master craftsman who has perfected his skills over years of painstaking work and dedication. Tochigi, nissan state of the art assembly plant 80 kms north of Tokyo Japan is where the GT-R built. Each GT-R® engine is assembled by a single craftsman – and proudly bears a plaque carrying their signature. Here's an amazing documentary on the fascinating Nissan GT-R aka GODZILLA, the japanese "Porsche".
The LF-NX concept focuses on the growing segment of smaller, more urban-centric compact premium crossovers. The LF-NX concept’s bold, striking and innovative exterior brings more distinctive and sculpted styling. Extremely expressive, signature front lighting features three diamond-shaped LEDheadlamps and the independent Daytime Running Lights (DRL) first seen on the new IS sedan.
Reinforcing the LF-NX concept’s premium SUV credentials, the strength and refinement of this carved metal surfacing is complemented throughout the cabin by black and Sunrise Yellow leather upholstery with contrast stitching, and sophisticated blue instrument and switchgear lighting.
The full hybrid drive system combines a 2.5-liter, four-cylinder Atkinson cycle gas engine with a powerful electric motor. At lower speeds, the LF-NX can operate under electric motor power alone.
More info at Lexus.com
LaFerrari also known as the F70, the car would weight under 1,000 kg (2,205 lb). Only 499 units will be built and each cost £1 Million.
Ferrari states that the car has a top speed exceeding 350 km/h (217 mph) and that it is of reaching 200 km/h (124 mph) in under 7 secs. Ferrari also claim that the car has lapped its Fiorano Test Circuit in under 1 min and 20 secs.
Let's watch the official launch video.
At 4:48 p.m., 12 minutes before the Nordschleife was scheduled to close, and five minutes before rain began to fall, the last of the four drivers on his last run of the day posted the record time of 7:08.679.
Valentine’s Day at the corner, and you’re probably planning a date with someone in your life. There’s no debating the value of preventive maintenance to keep your car running well – not to mention getting you safely to your hot Valentine’s Day date. This Valentine’s Day, show your car a little love and take the following preventive maintenance steps:
If you’re taking to the roads over the date, don’t ignore any warning signs on your dashboard light. Take your car in for maintenance and service. Call us to setup your appointment.
The S2000 made appearances in both Fast and Furious movies.
October 9, 2003.
Re: Haskell Auto.
To whom it may concern:
I would like to express my utmost satisfaction in the work that Andreas Haslim and the Haskell Auto team have performed on my cars over the years. To date he has serviced my Acura NSX, cleanly installed a super charge kit on a Honda S2000 I once had, and has done an excellent job installing new performance products on my current daily driven Acura CL. The S2000 made appearance in both Fast and Furious movies. They Loved the car so much that they decided to buy the car from me to feature
2 Fast 2 Furious. Andy and the Haskell Auto team have always been very meticulous in their work and they stand behind everything they do 100%. They did a great job sorting out an RSX Type R transplant where they took a motor from a Japanese front clip and installed it into my Acura RSX project car here in the states. The car ran smooth and without any problems. This is the reason why I continually put my trust in them and will continue to take my cars to them. They provide honest great service and I am one very satisfied customer.
RJ de Vera
Car Enthusiast and Customizer
Haskell Auto team